COLLEGE ESSAY WHIZ SERVICES FOR 2017 APPLICANTS
College Essay Whiz works with applicants to highlight their strengths, achievements and interests in their college applications. We strive to provide a comfortable and encouraging working environment and to ensure that the final versions of essays represent the applicant’s best work. All advice is professional, constructive and confidential. College Essay Whiz does not write any essays for applicants. All initial drafts must be written by the applicant.
INTRODUCTORY MEETING: 1 ½ to 2-hour meeting in person, by phone or Skype ($295 due at meeting)
- Evaluate transcript, honors/awards, activities, volunteer work, jobs and interests
- Explain and answer questions about the application process
- Discuss your choices of schools for early decision, early action, rolling, and regular admission
- Go over important information about the Common Application, its format and website
- Discuss process for schools not using the Common Application
- Provide welcome packet with tips about the college process for applicants and parents
SERVICES AVAILABLE in packages or hourly rates (in person, and/or by email, phone or Skype):
- Discussions with applicants and/or parents regarding college choices, strategy and any aspects of the
- Preparation for interviews, including mock interview practice
- Brainstorming and guidance for essay topics and techniques
- Guidance regarding which college or university admission offer to accept
- Help with:
- The Common Application Essay (250 – 650 words)
- The Common Application “Additional Information” (up to 650 words)
- The applications and essays for all schools that use their own applications
- The Common Application short questions and supplementary essays for individual schools
- Filling out and/or proofreading applications, including the Common Application
- Deferral letters and wait list appeals
- Scholarship applications and essays
Unless arrangements are made in advance, College Essay Whiz reserves the right to add a surcharge of $20 per hour for work that requires immediate attention.
Please contact us or call (855) 784-3239 for more information about rates.