For those of you who are applying to college, it’s definite! The Common Application 2014- 2015 will be using the same essay prompts as last year without any edits or additions. The maximum word length will be 650 words.
Of course, it’s summer, and the idea of writing an essay is probably not appealing. But it’s a great idea to start thinking about the personal statement when you are not burdened by homework, tests and extra-curricular obligations. The prompts are:
- Some students have a background or story that is so central to their identity that they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what lessons did you learn?
- Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
- Describe a place or environment where you are perfectly content. What do you do or experience there, and why is it meaningful to you?
- Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
You can start working with College Essay Whiz now! Rates for the introductory meeting and the basic Common App package are the same as last year! Consider making an appointment to brainstorm ideas for your personal statement as well as the supplementary essays. Everything will be up and running by August 1.