Now that most high school seniors are finished with their applications, there is another search that might yield great results. There are hundreds of scholarship opportunities just waiting for you: Some offer $100 and others might yield over $10,000. The qualifications are often quite specific, ranging from the city in which you live to your sexuality. Some require simple forms to fill out, and others will ask for an essay. Here is a sample list of some scholarships with February 2016 deadlines:
- The NEWH Symmons Scholarship: A $4,000 award sponsored by the Hospitality Industry Network. Candidates must be pursuing a career in the hospitality field, with emphasis toward interior design or architecture. Deadline: February 4.
- Random House, Inc., Creative Writing Competition: $500-$10,000 awards for high school seniors who will graduate from a New York City public high school. The application and essay deadline is February 6.
- Courageous Persuaders Competition: $250 – $3,000 will go to applicants who create a TV commercial targeted to middle school students to warn them about the dangers of underage drinking or the dangers of texting while driving. Deadline: February 11.
- Queer Foundation High School Seniors English Essay Contest: $1,000 will go to high school seniors who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender. Application and essay deadline: February 14.
- P.L.A.Y. Scholarship: $1000 scholarship sponsored by Pet Lifestyle and You is for high school juniors and seniors who are passionate about helping animals in need. Deadline is February 15.
- Spirit of Anne Frank Scholarship Awards: $5,000 to $10,000 scholarship is for college-bound high school seniors who have proven themselves as exceptional leaders in their communities, exhibited in their desire and drive to combat intolerance, prejudice, and injustice. Sponsored by the Anne Frank Center USA, this award’s deadline is February 19.
For more information, check out these 90 scholarships with February deadlines!