Congratulations to all the early applicants! That is a huge step in the college process. No time to rest, though, since you are not likely to get notified of your acceptance until December. And you need to be prepared for deferrals or rejection, given the numbers. So keep on college shopping!
For the schools to which you have applied:
1. Read their “What’s next” instructions. That could range from Facebook and Twitter invitations to visiting day offers. Some schools will suggest alumni interviews. Take advantage of anything that shows demonstrated interest. Visit if you can, and if an admissions rep comes to your school, attend the info session!
2. Notify the schools to which you have applied about any new honors or leadership positions. Send follow up emails as appropriate.
3. Prepare applications to other schools that offer rolling or regular admission.
4. Keep your counselor informed of additions, deletions, and any admissions decisions.
5. Send thank you notes or emails to all teachers and recommenders! Keep them informed as well.
6. Find out from your high school about deadlines for submitting applications before the December holiday break!
7. Enjoy your senior year wisely, and keep your grades up!